Culling Blade Information
Written for v6.63b
Purges the weak from Mogul Kahn’s sight. Deals moderate damage, but will kill a target that is low on life.
Level 1 – Deals 150 damage, kills if target is below 300 HP.
Level 2 – Deals 250 damage, kills if target is below 450 HP.
Level 3 – Deals 300 damage, kills if target is below 625 HP.
Mana Cost: 120/160/200
• Damage type: magic (regular), 100000000 physical (killing blow*)
• The killing blow* is dealt at the target if its HP is below 300/450/625 respectively, depending on the level of Culling Blade.
• The killing blow* goes through magic immunity.
• The killing blow* removes all buffs from the target unit before killing it. ONLY KILLING BLOW!
• Cast Range is 150.
• The non fatal magical damage is always dealt with a .25 sec delay.
• The only two ways of surviving a culling blade are:
– Puck’s Phase Shift – Will work for both auto-cast as well as great manual timing.
– Ghost Form (Ghost Scepter) – It evades the Killing Blow (100000000 physical damage). However, the target still receives amplified (44% extra) magical damage (1.44 times 150/250/300) due to Ghost Form.
The sole purpose of writing this post was because the following questions wander the player’s mind very often:
Q. Shallow Grave vs Culling blade: If a unit’s hp is lower than 300/450/625 but under the shallow grave, will he die of culling blade?
E. Dazzles Shallow Grave is a triggered heal that simply heals you for the same amount of damage you would take before the damage is applied resulting in you staying at 2 hp and not dying. You cannot heal more than your maximum hp and therefore you will die if you take more damage than your max hp (100000000 is practically always greater than max hp 😛 ). Note that since shallow grave is triggered, the spell will still be in effect even though the visual on top of target’s head is gone.
Similar explanation goes for other triggered healing mechanisms. Examples are Abbadon’s Borrowed Time, Backtrack, etc.
Q. Fatal Bonds vs Culling Blade: If you land a killing blow against someone that’s fatal bonded, will everything else that’s fatal bonded die as well, taking 15% of 100000000?
E. Only damage between 10 and 6000 activates Fatal Bonds. If the damage is outside of this interval, Fatal Bonds won’t do anything.
Q. Blademail vs Culling Blade: Will axe get the return wtf! damage?
E. Blademail, like with Warlock’s fatal bonds, has a 3000 damage limit (2 – 3000 damage caps actually). If the unit is damaged by that much or bigger, the trigger will not do damage.
Q. Pugna’s Decrepify vs Culling Blade: Will Culling Blade kill a decripified unit?
E. Pugna’s Decrepify is a buff and Culling Blade’s killing blow removes buff before damaging.
Special Thanks: antiweltteilchen
Bookmark this Axe Lover’s!