Post written for ver. 6.61c
Most detailed description of Monkey King Bar on the Internet…
Monkey King Bar
Requires: Demon Edge, 2 X Javelins
+15% Attack Speed
Passive: Bonus Damage
100 Damage to Target 0.01 Second Stun 35% Chance
The bonus damage is fixed regardless of any situations e.g. critical attack, armor, and will cancel any previous bash.
Passive: Toggle Skill: True Strike
True Strike causes your attacks to never miss. True Strike is not compatible with some attack modifiers.
If you have no idea of evasion, miss, terrain advantage or pseudo evasion, please refer to THIS POST before reading the rest of this post.
The people who have read the ver.6.60 changelog must’ve read about “True Strike”. Some of it’s properties are:
- Can be toggled ON or OFF. Just click the MKB icon in your inventory to change the status.
Toggle Cooldown is 3 secs.
- Makes your attacks never miss. This includes all types of evasion that an enemy can have due to:
- Terrain Advantage
- Evasion due to a skill. (Mortred/Gondar)
- Evasion due to an item. (Talisman of Evasion/Butterfly)
- Miss spells (E.g. You won’t miss due to Troll’s blind or smoke-screen(Rikimaru))
This means any kind of evasion ability by an enemy unit won’t work EXCEPT
– Evasion due to Motion Buffer. (If since starting the attack animation until it reaches the attack point the target runs out of a certain range, the attack will miss.)
– Does not work against Pseudo Evasion. (Pseudo evasion is triggered heal and has no relation with evasion. e.g. Void’s Backtrack will work perfectly fine against true strike)
– Against Towers True Strike doesn’t work at all i.e., you will still miss when attacking towers from a lower ground.
- True Strike Does not stack properly with orb or chance abilities like Frost Arrows (Traxex), Headshot (Sinper), etc.
On melee heroes True Strike does not interfere at all with any other attack modifiers.
Something very important…
MKB’s True Strike & Buriza-do-Kyanon’s Critical will not stack on a ranged hero! i.e. you will not get a critical strike on a ranged hero if True Strike is toggled ON.
This is because True Strike is coded as a 100% 1x critical with the option: never miss enabled. So basically it doesn’t stack with another critical. However, there’s no problem for a melee hero.
Other doubts that may wander your mind:
- True Strike applies for your attack, so deals your complete attack damage, not just MKB’s damage.
- Yes! MKB can act as a direct counter to Evasion type carries.
- Stacks perfectly with lifesteal.
Always remember that even if True Strike is off, the following properties hold due to MKB’s mini-stun:
- Ministun of MKB cancels any previous stun/bash. So, never make MKB on a basher hero (Troll/Void/Spiritbreaker/Slardar) or after making a Cranium Basher.
- Geminate (Nerubian Weaver) is odd in that criticals have always overridden geminate (as does MKB’s minibash). So if you have an MKB, Geminate will never occur.