Added this picture just because of its beauty. 😀
Skill Description: Alleria fires an enchanted arrow using wind magic that binds the target to an enemy unit or tree behind it.
Level 1 – 1.5 seconds shackle
Level 2 – 2.25 seconds shackle
Level 3 – 3 seconds shackle
Level 4 – 3.75 seconds shackle
Mana Cost: 90/100/110/120
– If targeted unit is not near an enemy unit or tree, it will only stun for 0.75 seconds.
– If target unit is bound to an enemy unit, both units will be shackled for the duration.
– Casting Range is 800.
– Shackleshot will not attach a unit to trees summoned by Furion’s Sprout
– Shackleshot does not affect units with Spell Immunity.
Secondary Target Selection:
Secondary target here refers to the second unit that will be shackled along with the actually targeted unit.
Units are prioritized over trees when selecting the second target to be bound. In both cases, the unit or tree with the smallest angular distance from the path of the arrow will be selected.
– The selection area for units is a cone with a radius of 550 and an angle of 60 degrees, originating from the target. The cone is oriented behind the target unit with respect to the position of Windrunner when the arrow is fired.
– The selection area for trees is a square with a side length of 500, oriented behind the target unit with respect to the position of Windrunner when the arrow is fired, with one corner on the target itself. Furthermore, the tree must be within 25 degrees of the line between the position of Windrunner when the arrow was fired and the target’s location. In other words, the tree must also be within a cone with an angle of 50 degrees, originating from the target and oriented behind the target with respect to the arrow.
– Thanks to 3DM@rk at Dota-Allstars for this picture:
The red circle represents the target. The trigger searches for enemy units in the green area and for tree destructibles in the yellow area.
Please do note that while the circle sector looks always the same (circle is radially symmetrical), the shape of the square sector depends on the angle of the arrow, because the position of the square is fixed (so its sides are collinear to the sides of the map).