Skill description: Leviathan swings his mighty anchor with a vengeance. Gives a 20% chance to deal bonus damage to nearby enemies. Deals 75/115/155/200 damage in a small radius. Passive skill.
Mechanics: So the description part was what we all know. Now time for some interesting facts:
– Deals magical damage reduced by spell resistance. However, it is not blocked by spell immunity (doesn’t care if the enemy is spell immune).
– The additional damage from Anchor Smash is not added into the calculations for Critical Strikes, Lifesteal, Cleave or any other similar attack modifier.
– This skill triggers before the damage point, meaning that this skill may proc whenever the Tidehunter starts his attack animation. This also means that this skill neglects evasion.
– AoE of Anchor Smash: 200 Full Damage Radius, 325 Half Damage Radius.
Explanation: The Area of Effect for Anchor Smash consists of two full circles of different sizes with leviathan standing in the center of these circles, within these two circles the damage is dealt. Within the smallest of the two circles, which is closest to the attacker, the full Anchor Smash damage (200 at lvl4) while within the remaining area between the big and the small one only half the damage ( 100 at lvl4) is dealt.
– Note that having Battle Fury on Leviathan does not make you Anchor Smash all the time even though the same animation is used, you will Cleave on all attacks and on those attacks which Anchor Smash triggers you will both Cleave and deal extra damage in the area around you.