I’ve prepared a compilation of the best hero strategy guides available on the internet. I have included a link to every guide I read/reviewed, and rated the best guide out of them all. These guides might be from any website/blog on the web.
The heroes have been arranged in alphabetical order according to their name. If you’re can’t find a hero, kindly use the Search Feature (“Ctrl+F”) of your Internet Browser.
Read the rest of this entry »
Posted: January 31, 2012 in Uncategorized
Tags: Dota 2, Mechanics
The guys at Dota2Wiki came up with a pretty nifty and compact way of explaining the basic Game Mechanics. Do check this picture. Because there are not much differences between Mechanics of Dota and Dota 2, this pic works for both. [Click to Enlarge]
Posted: August 10, 2010 in Advanced Mechanics
Tags: Random Secrets
- Nevermore souls do not add for killing enemy with his ulti (Requiem of Souls).
- Diffusal’s Purge can be used to destroy Gyrocopter’s Homing Missile.
- Ghost Scepter, if activated after getting hit by Venomancer’s Poison Nova, removes it completely. If the Scepter was activated before getting hit by Poison Nova, the damage gets amplified.
- Enigma’s Black Hole can stop the enemy fountain.
- Ghost Form can avoid Techies’ land mines and suicide damage.
- Nortrom can steal enemy intelligence even when his opponent’s INT falls to zero. (thereby giving him -1, -2… INT)
- Rylai’s aura stops working when she is invisible.
- [Morphling] Right Clicking somewhere while in waveform distorts the waveform while elongating it.
- You can use items while in Omnislash. eg. dagon, orchid malevolance, healing salve, etc.
Bye Bye for now…
Posted: May 13, 2010 in Uncategorized
Hello Everyone, this is the second time I’m leaving this blog. But unlike last time, this once I know I won’t be back because I’m leaving DotA as a whole. My college life will be over soon and then I’ve to take care of a real-life job and the small time I would squeeze out I would like to share that with my family and other friends instead of DotA. I know you people would understand.
Thank you all for sticking with me all this time. Good Bye everyone! Have Fun & Take Care!
Rohan ‘Phoenix’ Gupta
I LOOVVVEEEE DOTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA………….
Posted: March 24, 2010 in Advanced Mechanics
Tags: Random Secrets
Here are a few more random dota facts…
- Nortrom’s Last Word gets disabled if he himself is silenced. In other words, if Nortrom is silenced, he won’t be able to silence other’s with his Last Word.
- Manually casting orb spells have greater range than auto-casting them.
- You can buy items while teleporting without breaking the channel.
- Assault Cuirass’s +/- armor aura works on buildings!
- You can use lothar’s edge while channeling spells without breaking the channel.
- Your allies can teleport on Undying’s Tombstone.
- Glyph works on Undying’s Tombstone. Fixed in 6.64
- While Glyph is activated every hit deals 1 dmg. to buildings
- Axe gets extra 0.01 mana regen because counter helix is based off brilliance aura.
- This can also be attributed as just a coincidence but the two heroes introduced in 6.66 were based off the Icefrog concept… Ancient Apparition (Ice) + Slark (Frog) == Icefrog!
Stay connected for more! Subscribe to posts or Follow me on Twitter.
Special Thanks to Antiweltteilchen
Thanks to Luminous48 for corrections.
Posted: February 22, 2010 in Advanced Mechanics
Tags: Random Secrets
I’m planning to give away random dota facts from time to time. You’ll find many of these on the official website’s front page or some might be taken from my old entries so… enjoy!
Note than I’ll change the title of this post to v1.1, v1.2 and so on whenever I update it.
- Both the Illusion rune and the Double Damage rune will NOT affect your hero when you’re magic immune (beware BKB and N’aix users!)
- Zeus’ Thundergod’s Wrath does not damage isolated invisible enemies but you’ll gain the vision of them for a few seconds. [Vision of the place where the enemy was when spell was used]
- If a unit bottles a rune, and still has that rune 1:59 minutes after bottling, and becomes Doomed, Astral-Imprisoned or somehow paused, they will not use the rune and will instead drop it at their current position. Read the rest of this entry »